I’ve forgotten how to live


That title is a little dramatic, but hear me out.

Yesterday we had our Korea day. that is, our Korean class celebrates one day as Korea day every year, to honour Korean culture, music and traditions. As we were decorating the place, and preparing ourselves for our guests’ arrival, our Sir graciously sponsored our lunch. He got us 100 pizzas, meaning we all had 1 pizza each. I remember just smiling and giving him that inevitable thank you that slipped from my mouth, and my friends and I sat and started eating. However, the girls sitting in the table next to us were so excited about the pizza, that they were making plans on how they can combine all their pizzas together, so that they all could get more somehow. They were almost jumping of excitement, as each pizza was laid next to them.

The sight of that caught my attention. I remember being there. Right at that place, with that emotion, with that smile. Finding the utmost joy in little things. But life took over, and for the past 3 years, little things which made my heart skip a beat, little things which made me cry of joy, little things that made me too excited that i couldn’t sleep at night, all have become mundane. A pizza is just food, my birthday is just another day, my family and friends, just other people in this world. I’ve forgotten to be grateful. I’ve forgotten to truly count each little blessing everyday. I’ve forgotten how to live. 

"Count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How does the mind of youth work?

Maybe you're the problem